WHY STUDY A SECOND/FOREIGN LANGUAGE?
- Beilock, Sian (2012). "Speaking a Foreign Language Reduces Decision Biases." Psychology Today. 20 June
- Friedman, Amelia (2015). “America’s Lacking Language Skills.” The Atlantic. 10 May.
- Laka Mugarza, Itziar (2014). “Mandela was Right: The Foreign Language Effect.” Mapping Ignorance. 3 February.
- Mackey, Alison (2014). “What Happens in the Brain When You Learn a Language?” The Guardian. 4 September.
- Markman, Art (2017). "3 Ways Learning A New Language Helps Your Brain–Even If You Never Get Fluent." Fast Company. 19 May.
- R. L. G. (2014). “Johnson: What is a Foreign Language Worth?” The Economist. 11 March.
SPANISH IN THE US
- Enrollments in Languages Other Than English in United States Institutions of Higher Education
- Spanish is the most spoken non-English language in U.S. homes, even among non-Hispanics
- Enseñanza del español en el ámbito universitario estadounidense: presente y futuro
- Teaching Spanish at the University Level in the United States